Hhgregg - Purchasing the "extended" warranty on electronics? Not worth it

ok so - almost 5 years ago, we go to HHGregg, buy one of their best Hitachi 55 inch HDTV / LCD and we pay $400 extra $'s for the extended warranty.We were told at the time of sale IF the TV was not able to be repaired in 30 days, this warranty would replace the TV with something comparable.

Well...it took 87 days for my Hitachi to be repaired. It was a nightmare. I never could find out who the warranty company was, calls were never returned, and they ended up telling me that HHGreggs salesman had lied because there is no set amount of days you wait before they fix your tv. MAKE SURE you get whatever they are promising you in this extended, extra cost warranty IN WRITING before you purchase the warranty.

From now on, I probably won't buy the best - I will buy cheaper, hope it lasts for a few years and then when troubles start, throw the set away.

In home repair is outrageous...and even when you buy the best anymore, it doesn't mean longer lasting.Sad - right?

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×

You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hhgregg. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hhgregg.
Filing a new complaint about