Hhgregg - Purchasing the "extended" warranty on electronics? Not worth it
ok so - almost 5 years ago, we go to HHGregg, buy one of their best Hitachi 55 inch HDTV / LCD and we pay $400 extra $'s for the extended warranty.We were told at the time of sale IF the TV was not able to be repaired in 30 days, this warranty would replace the TV with something comparable.
Well...it took 87 days for my Hitachi to be repaired. It was a nightmare. I never could find out who the warranty company was, calls were never returned, and they ended up telling me that HHGreggs salesman had lied because there is no set amount of days you wait before they fix your tv. MAKE SURE you get whatever they are promising you in this extended, extra cost warranty IN WRITING before you purchase the warranty.
From now on, I probably won't buy the best - I will buy cheaper, hope it lasts for a few years and then when troubles start, throw the set away.
In home repair is outrageous...and even when you buy the best anymore, it doesn't mean longer lasting.Sad - right?
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "In November my wife and I bought 8 Samsung appliances for our new Condo. Within 20 hours of use one if the 60" Samsung TV's developed a major screen panel..."
- "Just darn right horrible refrigerator less one year old and no parts .just horrible have warranty 5 years on tree appliances useless . Embarrassing..."
- "For anyone that is ever sourceing out steroids on the internet in particular facebook beware of the canadian base scammer , frankie ciancio of the cities toronoto canada and edmonton..."
- "I had been trying to sell my house in the greater Cincinatti area for weeks, and a friend had mentioned a company called Plum Tree Realty. DO NOT EVER USE..."
- "There are two types of companies: Those that thrive on a loyal customer base by keeping their customers happy, and those that rely on a constant in-flow of new customers..."
- "I do not feel to safe using the TTC, and I'm not sure if anyone in Toronto does. The workers are suspicious and unprofessional, other transit goers are threatening, and..."
- "We ordered a phone and paid by Debit card. Lazada took payment from the card, but then rejected the order because the address we gave did not match the..."
- "Worst quality furniture anyone can possibly buy. It's frame is made out of compressed wood, which is just as good as cardboard. The best piece of advise is to avoid..."