Hhgregg - Purchasing the "extended" warranty on electronics? Not worth it
ok so - almost 5 years ago, we go to HHGregg, buy one of their best Hitachi 55 inch HDTV / LCD and we pay $400 extra $'s for the extended warranty.We were told at the time of sale IF the TV was not able to be repaired in 30 days, this warranty would replace the TV with something comparable.
Well...it took 87 days for my Hitachi to be repaired. It was a nightmare. I never could find out who the warranty company was, calls were never returned, and they ended up telling me that HHGreggs salesman had lied because there is no set amount of days you wait before they fix your tv. MAKE SURE you get whatever they are promising you in this extended, extra cost warranty IN WRITING before you purchase the warranty.
From now on, I probably won't buy the best - I will buy cheaper, hope it lasts for a few years and then when troubles start, throw the set away.
In home repair is outrageous...and even when you buy the best anymore, it doesn't mean longer lasting.Sad - right?
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "I received a delivery of flowers from Proflowers sent from my husband. I have to admit they were the saddest bouquet of flowers I have ever seen. Ladies in my..."
- "I am still on hold with the 888-851-8821 customer service hotline. I've yet to talk to a human being. I decided to venture away from Proflowers who I usually order..."
- "Online ordering never works with their coupons. I now order online from a competitor. Not sure why this is so hard?..."
- "I created a resume online through this company, I paid $1.98 for resume and $1.46 for the cover letter in the end on 15 March 2016. When I receive the..."
- "My husband bought two Disney Arora charms in march 31, at the time the charm was back order and Pandora brea ca said itll take 2-4 weeks to be in..."
- "We installed a Pottery Barn Sussex Sconce in our bathroom above the medicine cabinet in February 2010. About four years later the stainless steel finish was peeling revealing a black/rusty..."