Hhgregg - The truth about hh gregg from an employee

The most unethical retail operation I have ever seen.

1) They change the list price on all the items according to what b.s. promotion they are running. Example a samsung washer was on sale for 699.00

at a 20% off sale, the next promotion was 10% off but the sale price was the same.List price was changed.

2) Extended warranties.. The warranty price is suppose to be determined by the selling price of the item.hh gregg charges the price against the list price, even though the warranty will only replace the item based in the price paid. Example 2000.00 refridgerator warrant is 249.00 I sell the fridge for 1500.00 the warranty should be 169.00 but not at hh gregg they charge the 249.00.

3)Here it is a few days befor black friday and hh gregg has decided to raise the threshold to get a rebate on the 70.00 delivery charge from $497.00 to different prices for different appliances. The new minimum is 600.00 on ranges and dishwashers and 1000.00 for refridgerators. They did this now knowing they will be able to slip it by when customers are in a more frantic state.

I can add so many more things about service, pricing, financing and the unethical treatment of employees but I hope you get the message.

Be careful when shopping at hh gregg

More Review Details

Helpful? 47 Yes 47 141 No 141
Had the same issue 12 Yes 12
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 08 #981416

I WORKED FOR HH GREGG DISTRIBUTION IN BRANDYWINE MD WOW WERE DO I START THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST RACIST PREJUDICE COMPANY IVE EVER WORKED FOR I WORKED IN THE RTV DEPT.THE PRODUCT SERVICE MANAGER BOB WEATHERLY WAS BY FAR THE BEST MANAGER IVE EVER HAD BUT THE WAREHOUSE MANAGER GARY POTTS HAVE FIRED SO MANY BLACK AND SPANISH PEOPLE FOR NOTHING I AM SEEKING GUIDANCE FROM THE DEPT OF LABOR FOR DISCRIMINATION I EVEN MET PEOPLE THAT WAS COPORATE THAT VISITED FROM INDIANAPOLIS THEY WERE NASTY AND TALKED TO YOU LIKE YOU WERE NOTHING ONLY THING THAT WAS GOOD ABOUT THAT JOB WAS MY SCHEDULE M-F 7-3:30 AND THE GUYS I MET NOW I WORK FOR COSTCO ITS GREAT TO GOD BE THE GLORY THANKS FOR GETTING ME OUT OF THAT PLAC

The cost of the Performance Pl

Nov 10, 2014 #898074

This stuff is so true. I worked there and even was promoted to a manager at one point. It was a small step up from the bend over draw system but I worked 6 days a week, 12 hour+ days so what I got they took right back. I just got to wear a suite and print tags and blow up balloons. Hooray.
The good news is - IT IS ALL JUST A MATTER OF TIME - CC BK, Then BB will go, then probably Sears, and I say by 2018-2020 Greggs will be a shadow of what you see today if they are around. The best hope will be to actually do away with all commission and go straight Walmart pay and bring in the kids to work there. At least then no one gets shafted on working for "free".
Electronics won't compete with online and next day delivery services and getting to read 400 reviews vs. a salesmans pitch before buying an item is... wait for it....legendary. Amazon, tossing out knives in retailers backs but they are winning.
Mattress sales? Who cares? 1 a day of those just keeps the lights and air running.
White goods... Lowes and Home Depot will reign supreme.
The owners families, kids, blood line are plauged with troubles. Greggs will be a K-Mart in a few years.

going to best buy

Sep 25, 2014 #875347

Went to hhgregg in pine hills.fl. this morning. Intending to purchase 32 "tv if the stand is what I could use. This model not on display so I carefully opened box to check stand . After I stated it was wrong stand , employee said what was wrong was me opening the box ! Well I was going to buy it anyway until that comment. So great job mr. Manager you lost out on a $200 sale because of your "sales" person

0 2 Reply
Joe

Aug 31, 2014 #863722 Van Buren Charter Township, Michigan

I hate that store, they are on u like vultures! Never let you walk around and look, if u do another red shirt is driving you nuts to make a sale, been in there 3 times and hassled by 7 red shirts every time, what the *** ! If I need help I'll ask for it, last time in two red shirts were fighting over me for a sale, I walked out and told them I'll never return. That store in highland indiana sucks!

Your Friend

Oct 27, 2014 #891526 Indianapolis, Indiana

Sound like you don't like to be helped. I think the two people you call red shirts, should not have been ( as you say) fighting over you, but you have the right to go into a store and look with out being hassled, now keep in mind the sale's persons job is to give the customers service. I think if you tell them you don't need service they would leave you alone. My question to you is if you was in a store looking for something but couldn't find it , how would you like it if no one would help you? By the way the word hate is a strong word to use for something so trivia, (but then again you use the word S**ks) it can cause you to have a unfulfilled life.

cheap company

Jul 21, 2014 #843655

HHGregg is a cheap company. They don't care about there employees and the hourly pay I made that over 10 years ago. No time in half for working a paid holiday. There psp plan is very over priced and the company they use has a rating of 1. The rebates the company gives on has rating of 0. The rebate is on (merchandize) customer buys. The problems with rebate center is .. good luck if they answer the phone , good luck if you get your rebate with in 6 months and that only if they haven't lost your paper work.

Jeff Bird

May 12, 2014 #814557

I am a Current Employee returning after many years. HHGregg is one of the best companies you could ever wish to work for. The whole company effort is based around taking care of the customer first. We do that by providing the customer with an environment in which they can receive as much or as little information about their choices and selections that they choose. We will even help you shop your choices against local competition to insure that you are receiving the best price in town and then back your purchases up with our 90 Day Price Promise.
Selling most major brand Appliances and a selection of Tv's like you will see no where else. Along with a long list of other items.... coming into HHGregg can turn into a real browsing experience... If you haven't been into see us yet... Come on down to Rockford Illinois store and ask for Jeff Bird... I will be happy to work hard for you in order to make sure that your selection fits your needs and that your experience with HHGregg will be A+. Hope to see you soon!!!

4 12 Reply
unhappy

Dec 31, 2014 #923496

The employee of HH Gregg are customer focused their problem is middle management. They are the ones that need customer service training. They are not friendly have an attitude and it will eventually spread to the sales people.

mr. t

Jan 16 #932165

I'm guessing you are judging all managers because of one bad experience. A company is a company, and Hhgregg is great at customer service. If you want no customer service go to walmart or bestbuy where they'll ignore you for your whole time there until you are ready to check out.

Jan 02, 2014 #767429

Don’t Buy From HH Gregg

I purchased a new LG Washer from HH Gregg for $860. I also added the $200 5-year Premium Service Plan. All was well for 18 months and then the washer began making a horrible noise. We contacted HH Gregg and their warranty company Warrantech who sent out a repairman. The repairman determined the washer could not be fixed and that perhaps it was a manufacturer’s problem. Well, after 5 months now and repeated calls to H.H. Gregg, Warrantech, and LG, I still do not have a repaired or replaced washer, nor do I have any $ in return.

H.H. Gregg has done NOTHING to get this matter resolved. Up to this point I have purchased $$$$ from HH Gregg trying to support an Indiana company. Never again!

My advice to you is to not buy from H.H. Gregg and NEVER purchase their enhanced warranty. IT IS A RIP OFF.

Please feel free to share. Other need to know what this company is all about!

2 1 Reply
the jumping bean

Jan 16 #932166

Just to let you know, the first year of your washer has a warranty of parts and labor with whoever the manufacture is. So in the first year if the problem falls under the manufacture legally they're the ones who have to order the parts for you, and most of the time that can take a while since most companies make their products overseas.

Honest4Sure

Jan 16 #932174

LG has a 1 year warrranty. If the problem first occurred at 18 months, it is the legal obligation of Warrantech to take care of it. The only reason they balk is that they either don't know what the problem really is or Warrantech does not want to pay. Typical. Call HH Gregg corporate and tell them you will go to the State Attorney General if this is not resolved ASAP.

SOMEWHERE IN NORTH CAROLINA RE

Nov 19, 2013 #744730

I HAVE WORKED AT HHGREGG IN NORTH CAROLINA FOR OVER A YEAR, HERE ARE THE TRUE PROS AND CONS FROM MY STORE. PROS: 1. THE EMPOLYEES HAVE FUN. THATS ALL! CONS: 1. THE MANAGERS ARE LAZY 2. THE MANAGERS HAVE DOUBLE STANDARDS REGARDING WHAT THEY DO AND WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO DO. 3. THE MANAGERS ARE CONDESCENDING INCONSISTENT KNOT-ZEES WHO RELISH IN MICRO MANAGING BECAUSE OF THEYRE POWER TRIP. 4. THE MANAGERS DO NOTHING DURING OUR "TRAINGING" THAT HAPPENS EVERYDAY AN HOUR BEFORE THE STORE OPENS. 5. MY STORE MANAGER DOESN'T KNOW THAT I HEARD THE WISPER OF "F*[K|NG |D|OT" ADRESSED AT ME FOR NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THE JOB OF A CASHER. 6. THE MANAGERS COMPLETELY BERATE YOU IN FRONT OF FELLOW EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS IF YOU DONT KNOW THE ANSWER FOR SOMTHING THAT YOU WERE NEVER TRAINED ON OR EXPOSED TOO. 6. THE COMPANY STEELS MONEY FROM THE EMPLOYEES BY DOCKING COMMISSION IF A CUSTOMER USES THE HHGREGG CARD (5% discount comes out or your pay), CHANGES THE "LANDED COST" WHENEVER THEY WANT TO WITHOUT LETTING THE SALES TEAM KNOW, WHICH LEADS TO LOWER COMMISSION. 7. CONSTANTLY MAKES US CHANGE PRICE TAGS WHEN THE PRICE HASNT CHANGED. 8. RAISED "STAFFING" 40% OVER LAST YEAR WHILE TRAFFIC AND SALES ARE DOWN THUS, AGAIN, LOWER PAY CHECKS. IN SUMMING IT UP, ONLY WORK HERE IF ITS YOUR ONLY CHANCE AT A JOB. NEW HIRES ARE TOLD TO EXPECT $800 TO $1,000 PER WEEK WHICH IS RARELY REACHED BY THE TOP PERFORMERS. THE COMPANY HAS NO CONCERN FOR THE SALES PEOPLE, MY REGONAL MANAGER STATED THAT "IF THE SALES PEOPLE... Show more

6 1 Reply

Oct 29, 2014 #892268

I just want to point out... I think he/she made an accurate assessment of your intelligence considering the number of typos in this statement.
#1: Employees
#2: Nazi's
#3: Training
#4: Whisper
#5: Cashier ... I just... no... no

2 1 Reply
agree

Dec 31, 2014 #923498

well said. This is not English class. This person hit the problem right on the head. The problem is middle management.

SOMEWHERE IN NORTH CAROLINA

Nov 19, 2013 #744625

I HAVE WORKED AT HHGREGG IN NORTH CAROLINA FOR OVER A YEAR, HERE ARE THE TRUE PROS AND CONS FROM MY STORE. PROS: 1. THE EMPOLYEES HAVE FUN. THATS ALL! CONS: 1. THE MANAGERS ARE LAZY 2. THE MANAGERS HAVE DOUBLE STANDARDS REGARDING WHAT THEY DO AND WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO DO. 3. THE MANAGERS ARE CONDESCENDING INCONSISTENT *** WHO RELISH IN MICRO MANAGING BECAUSE OF THEYRE POWER TRIP. 4. THE MANAGERS DO NOTHING DURING OUR "TRAINGING" THAT HAPPENS EVERYDAY AN HOUR BEFORE THE STORE OPENS. 5. MY STORE MANAGER DOESN'T KNOW THAT I HEARD THE WISPER OF "****NG ***" ADRESSED AT ME FOR NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THE JOB OF A CASHER. 6. THE MANAGERS COMPLETELY BERATE YOU IN FRONT OF FELLOW EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS IF YOU DONT KNOW THE ANSWER FOR SOMTHING THAT YOU WERE NEVER TRAINED ON OR EXPOSED TOO. 6. THE COMPANY STEELS MONEY FROM THE EMPLOYEES BY DOCKING COMMISSION IF A CUSTOMER USES THE HHGREGG CARD (5% discount comes out or your pay), CHANGES THE "LANDED COST" WHENEVER THEY WANT TO WITHOUT LETTING THE SALES TEAM KNOW WHICH LEADS TO LOWER COMMISSION. 7. CONSTANTLY MAKES US CHANGE PRICE TAGS WHEN THE PRICE HASNT CHANGED. 8. RAISED "STAFFING" 40% OVER LAST YEAR WHILE TRAFFIC AND SALES ARE DOWN THUS, AGAIN, LOWER PAY CHECKS. ***SUMMING IT UP, ONLY WORK HERE IF ITS YOUR ONLY CHANCE AT A JOB. NEW HIRES ARE TOLD TO EXPECT $800 TO $1,000 PER WEEK WHICH IS RARELY REACHED BY THE TOP PERFORMERS. THE COMPANY HAS NO CONCERN FOR THE SALES PEOPLE, MY REGONAL MANAGER STATED THAT "IF THE SALES PEOPLE... Show more

AJ from the AK

Nov 12, 2013 #741604

My wife and I decided we needed a new TV. We went to HH Gregg because they claim to have 30 day price matching. We thought "great", we won't have to stand in line and they will have stock if we go on veterans day. We walked in, told the first sales person let us look around for a while then we would come find them. Within 30 seconds 3 more sales people were circling us like wolfs, we felt very uncomfortable. We found the TV we wanted, it was LG led 47" 3d Google smart unit with a price of 949.99. At the checkout they wanted to sell us the extended warrenty, I was very hesatant until they offerd the 5 year at the 3 year price. We get our TV and a new dyson vacume and a few other items and leave. I get home to register the warranty and the intire receipt was blank except for out name and the total cost at the bottom. We called them because we needed a breakdown to register the TV with the 3rd party insurer. They explained that I had to come back down if I wanted a detailed recipt. I get there and the manager " William Handschumaker" told me it would be a few minutes, 30 minutes later he brings me a black and white printout with the line items and pricing. The printout showed a cost for the TV of 795.00. I asked William why the price was 795.00 yet I thought we had paid 949.00. This is where it gets very shady, borderline fraud. He explain to me that they had to get the money from somewhere to cover the difference for the warranty . I explained to him that the sales person "... Show more

They ripped me off

Jan 04, 2014 #768583 San Jose, California

Well if I was you I would read the reviews on the warranties. They don't honor them at all but they are refundable. So if I was you I would return the warranty because you can get all that cash back and it won't do you any good to keep it.

jones

Oct 23, 2013 #732240

I made $1400s for 3 paychecks in a row. An employee on minimum wage leaves. Who can afford to pay for a kid or even themselves on minimum wage? That's crazy. I'm about to loose my car, my phone, and my electricity is about to be shut off. Without loosing any sales, my pay went to minimum wage. I quickly go over my commission sales report to find I was being paid a quarter of what I had been paid before. HHgregg lured me in with good pay and then took it all back.

Elmo

Jul 20, 2014 #843334

Hhgregg Crystal Lake Illinois.
The only Good thing that happened to me as an associate for Hhgregg crystal lake Illinois was the friends I made there.
That company is terrible!
They make us lie to the customers with that PSP, if we don't sell that we won't make any pay check, they also wants the associate stay after hours for cleaning and tagging merchandise, the managers that I had there mostly were nice, exept for the last one, that was just an *** immature.
I think Hhgregg should be investigated by the department of labor, what they do to their employees is basically against the constitution of the united states. I hope they close their stores around here, my family and friends never will step on their floor to buy anything.
That what all people should do not just to keep people out of that scam PSP as well out of their high interst rate card. Get off HHGregg!

1-20 of 59 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×

You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hhgregg. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hhgregg.
Filing a new complaint about