1.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I am writing to share the HORRIBLE experience my wife and I had at a HH Gregg store in Raleigh North Carolina. Recently, we purchased a refrigerator to go in dream home we purchased. After receiving the payment, on a Friday. The sales person booked a delivery and assured us that the refrigerator would be delivered on Monday. By chance my wife checked the paperwork, and discovered that the paperwork did not show a delivery on a Monday, as we were told. The actual delivery date was set for Thursday, which was six days after our purchase. So my wife called the store on Monday, and spoke with a person named Tara in the delivery department. Tara told my wife that the sales person tried to setup a delivery for Monday. However, he could not get it in their system for that date. So, by Tara’s account, the sales person waited until we left the store, then he put the new delivery date, of Thursday into their system. The frustrating part of this issue was, we never revived a call from anyone at the store.

Tara then assured us that the delivery would be the following day, Tuesday. The refrigerator was finally delivery on Tuesday. Unfortunately, once it was installed and running, we discover a terrible leak. The fridge leaked from the top portion near the ice maker. A large pool of water was on one of the trays. We had to constantly drain and clean up the water. We eventually turned off the water and contacted the store again! HH Gregg offered my wife a $50 credit card, and sent two guys to our house, two days later. When they arrived they looked at the fridge, and within a few seconds said they are delivery drivers not service technicians. They said that they thought the problem was a connection issue. They then called a person at their shipping department, and told that person about the issues we were having. The shipping department told the two men that we receive a new refrigerator on Sunday. Before they left, the two men noticed that the handles on the refrigerator were installed improperly.

On Sunday, the date we were expecting a delivery, my wife did not receive a call about a delivery, so she called the store. Once we finally got someone on the phone, the person turned out to be a manager, named Julian Oroyo or Julian Royal. By Julian’s account, our delivery order was never typed into their system, and we would get a delivery the next day. The Manager offered a $100 credit on our bill but said we could not get a delivery notice. We did not receive a call, three hours later, and went to the store to confront the manager. Julian repeated his story. I demanded something in writing, because at this point, I could not accept his word that he had actually did his job. After getting an updated delivery date, my wife used the $50 card to purchase a small speaker. There were four speakers displayed in the store. My wife selected one speaker, and after checking the storage area, the sales rep told my wife the speaker she wanted was out of stock. She selected another speaker and was told the same thing. She then selected a third one, and told the same store. For some reason HH Gregg had three speakers displayed that were no longer in stock. However, they did have the fourth on in stock. Sadly, the Manager, Julian, told my wife that it was in stock, but had a damaged box. My wife purchased the speaker, and we left the store. Once we were home, my wife charged the speaker for three hours, as directed. After five hours of charging, we discover that the speaker DID NOT WORK! This entire situation has been one of the worst experiences of our lives. My wife and O were set to be out of town and had to reschedule our trip twice because of the poor service and incompetence of the HH Gregg staff. It is now nine days later, and we still do not have a working refrigerator, nor are we sure that the order will actually arrive on Monday, as we were told. I will forever advise everyone that I know to steer clear of this company, and will be sending this message to the Better Business Bureau, the consumer complaint and our local news station. I will send it to more locations as soon and often as I can!

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $1500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Hhgregg. He best about hhgregg delivery service from Hhgregg was replacement. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Best Buy that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Hhgregg.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Hhgregg to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Hhgregg?

Comments