2.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I ordered a refrigerator (widely available at the same price) online because they said they could deliver on a specific date when I was going to be home to wait for it.They confirmed the date.

A week later, they emailed me to say they were going to deliver the next day (not the day they promised). When I called, they told me the originally promised date was "inventory day," so no deliveries were being made. But no one told me that when I ordered, and no one bothered to tell me that in the full week between my order and the surprise delivery notification. The notification arrived after their general customer service line closed.

The delivery service did answer, but only to refuse to deliver on the promised day, and to tell me that if I wanted to cancel my order, I needed to call the (closed) customer service number. They didn't respond to email until 36 hours later. We decided to scramble to be home, and our refrigerator was delivered seven hours later than they told us. We got one call, 3 1/2 hours before it was delivered, saying they'd be there in half an hour.

And then silence until we called after six hours of waiting and they again said "on their way!" Finally got a call after 7 hours of waiting to say they were almost there, and they were.

I will say the actual delivery installation guys were great -- fast, polite, knew what they were doing.But it felt like they just told us whatever they thought we wanted to hear about delivery and made no effort to make it match reality, because they figured we were stuck, and didn't care if we ever bought from them again.

Review about: Hhgregg Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Installers.

I didn't like: Bait and switch on delivery, Customer service, Unreliable delivery time.

Had an Experience with Hhgregg?

Comments