We purchased a tv from HHGregg back in November of 2006.We took advantage of the 24 mo.
no interest and planned on paying it before the 24 mo. expired. Last month, May 2008, I paid the last of the payoff amount, $100.23. I had tried to get online to pay it that way, but was unsuccessful, so mailed them a check on May 17.
The due date was May 18. They credited the 100.23 to our account on the 21st, then proceeded to charge us a $29.00 late fee. On top of that, they have stated on the statement that due to this one (have never been late with one since the purchase) so called late payment, they are increasing the APR to 28.99% and the late fee to $39.00. You have got to be kidding me!!!!!
Once we pay the $29 this account will be closed immediately and we will absolutely never buy from HHGregg again.
Please be careful if you too are thinking of taking advantage of the interest free offers....because most likely, you will be the one taken advantage of.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Credit Card
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "Purchased a new 55" TV through their website and selected in-store pickup because it was less expensive to pick it up myself. At this point, I had no problems. A couple..."
- "I purchased the KitchenAid Buillt-In Combination Electric Convection Oven and Microwave Oven in the summer of 2012. Last night I ran the self-cleaning cycle for perhaps the second or..."
- "Snap Fitness German Village Columbus Ohio. I have had more trouble then a little bit with poor customer service and access cards. As a gym that claims to give you..."
- "Very disappointed built with fischer homes less than a year ago. Put a lot of money in buying the house, but since.day one from construction til now still having lots..."
- "I made an order ....they took my money and I have no clothes and no way of contacting customer service because the number given isn't a working number. Trying to..."
- "Dont fool with this company omg from 2009 to 2016 the warranty is a scam and there pillow top is a flat top in two months dont waste your time..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."