Columbus, Ohio
2.2K views 28 comments

We purchased a tv from HHGregg back in November of 2006.We took advantage of the 24 mo.

no interest and planned on paying it before the 24 mo. expired. Last month, May 2008, I paid the last of the payoff amount, $100.23. I had tried to get online to pay it that way, but was unsuccessful, so mailed them a check on May 17.

The due date was May 18. They credited the 100.23 to our account on the 21st, then proceeded to charge us a $29.00 late fee. On top of that, they have stated on the statement that due to this one (have never been late with one since the purchase) so called late payment, they are increasing the APR to 28.99% and the late fee to $39.00. You have got to be kidding me!!!!!

Once we pay the $29 this account will be closed immediately and we will absolutely never buy from HHGregg again.

Please be careful if you too are thinking of taking advantage of the interest free offers....because most likely, you will be the one taken advantage of.

Review about: Credit Card.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Hhgregg?

Comments

BJL
Durham, North Carolina, United States #846689

I am not sure why you are mad.Your were late even if it was "only once".

You mailed the payment the day before it was due. Why didn't you drive to the store to make the payment. The postoffice took a few days to get your late payment there. late is late even if it is a day late.

Your mistake not HH Greg's.

BTW...the HH Greg card is financed through GE Finance so if you are going to be mad be mad at them and not HH Greg.

Hickory, North Carolina, United States #706263

Like any company, they charge fees for being late.Due dates are for a reason, to have it PAID by then not send your payment the day before it and expect it to be paid on time.

You clearly are an *** to think that's hh gregs fault that YOU didn't make your payment in time!

Hh greg did nothing wrong.All they did was expect your account to be paid by the due date.

Lore
Ashburn, Virginia, United States #699021

Just like any other credit card you need to make your payment by the due date.Why is it their fault that you didn't send in your payment on time?

You should have called their customer service and had them apply your payment. You need to read the fine print!!! Monthly payments need to be made on time or you risk the extra charges.

I have never had a problem with them because I made my payments on time.:)

mjupjo

If so many of You so unhappy w hhgreg go someplace ealse I like Best buy Lowes also uses GE cr I am saving my money for my next TV pay cash and buy it fr Best Buy

HOHO96

We totally relate to what all of you have experienced with the H.H. Gregg/G E Capital credit card. They did the same "bait and switch" with us and now they are "charging off" our account as a bad debt because they keep charging us the $39.00 every month so no matter WHAT you do you can never catch up.

Matthew

lol So I'm not the only one screwed over by HHGregg.I bought a Tempurpedic bed from their store.

I put it on the charge card they gave me, well when I got the bed it was a tempurpedic, but it wasn't the one the SALES ASSOCIATE showed me I was getting. I looked at the receipt that came with the delivery and looked up the bed online at Tempurpedic's website. Well the bed the guy sold me was a completely different model than the one he was showing me in the store. I called ASAP and talked to the manager and he said, "I'm busy with a customer I will call you back." Yeah 2 hours later he never called so I called back.

He tried to say the same thing but I said no listen here man, your salesman sold me the wrong bed dude, all I want is to return the bed and get the one he said I was getting since he made the screw up. Of course they can't do that and he couldn't do anything about it so that was the end of that conversation. So I called the corporate office. This lady was just some customer service rep and she wouldn't let me speak to anyone higher than her and I told her I was gonna return the bed unless I get the bed I want since the guy made a mistake.

Of course they can't do that......So I asked her could I just bring it back, credit the money back to my account and I would just buy an icomfort. It was cheaper and it had the features I wanted with the one tempurpedic bed I was suppose to get. Nope they wouldn't do that. She took my number down and said...

No email and No phone call. I always answer my phone to any random number who calls it. Anyways yeah Im hoping to get the payoff for it...I'm sure they *** me over on the financing for it. It's suppose to be the first two years, interest free.

Then after that it's 29.99%.So obviously I'm trying to pay it off within the first two years.

AnoNymous

i recieved an email this morning stating that ge money was changing their terms and that my 12 mo no interest has been voided...its been 2 weeks since i bought the item.

its was around $400.oo. so before i recieve my first bill i should expect 29.9% interest....

its paid and cancelled now.i will never shop @ hh GrE gg ever again.

truthabouthhgregg

after reading all this let me tell you this....the scam is by hhgregg...sales associates are told that only the major purchase will be on the 0 percent interest, and they are pushed to add on screen cleaner, cables, power strips, delivery , etc so that the interest can be captured on the card...how do i know this? i used to work there and know every scam the company runs....trust me, take your business to best buy or lowes

Boardman ohio

I purchased a washing machine with the no interest, but watch out!When they ring you up they take the cost off the item when matching competitors prices and then deny your delivery rebate for the purchase price not being enough.

I did go to the store to complain and got the money back, but it was a hassle. THEN they are charging me interest on the $15 worth of hoses they put on my card.

If i had known that would be an interest charged purchase I would have just bought the *** things....IF YOU GET THIS DEAL...WATCH YOUR STATEMENTS!TRACK YOUR MONEY!!

ryan ssand
#320232

you all are ***....pay your bill on time and you wont have an issue