I went to the HH Gregg in Woodbury, NJ (off 42) to purchase a flat screen TV for my ill, quadriplegic brother whom lived with me. I told the salesman, Wilmer, what I needed to help make my brother's life easier; where my brother could have more control.

Briefly, he talked me into a floor model (only one to do the job and only one left), had me buy a 'magic' remote to give us the features we needed to give my brother control. I was in a hurry as I had to leave my brother at home alone to go do this, which I unfortunately had advised Wilmer. He saw me coming! I had cash in hand (my brother's personal money designated for this), and Wilmer convinced me that getting a HH Gregg credit card and putting it on there was the way to go.

I'd get a slight discount, and I had two years without interest to pay it off. I figured my bro could use the cash for so many of his other needs, so I applied for it and made the multiple purchases and took the flat screen home with me. Again briefly, as I attempted to get this flat screen up and running the way we needed it in order for my brother to give it commands, nothing was working. I then went through a series of very long phone calls (hours of time I didn't have) to HH Gregg, LG (the manufacturer) and Comcast only to find out that I had gotten a piece of crap that was not compatible to the 'magic' remote, nor would we be able to do any of the things we needed it to do according to LG.

We discovered that there weren't even any on/off, volume or channel buttons on the screen itself! If we couldn't get the remote going, there was NO WAY to even turn the TV on!! I went back to Wilmer who didn't seem to understand at all what LG told me I needed to get this TV going (never heard of a Dongle), which led me to purchasing more items (thru Amazon), all of which didn't work. Weeks have gone by now, and my brother was bed ridden at this point with no source of entertainment to view!

I asked to speak to a manager and Wilmer told me there wasn't one on site (what?), argued with me and said there was nothing they could do and HUNG UP! Through my persistence and some nice guys at LG and Comcast, we got the TV running through the regular remote after installing some equipment, but my brother never had the opportunity to control the TV himself! I stopped making payments until they were willing to help us, and they ended up suing me as the credit was in my name! I tried to explain and even offered to pay a portion of the balance for that piece of crap, but the lawyer wouldn't even talk to me after several messages left for her, nor accept my offer (through an assistant)!

They got a judgement against me. If our lives weren't so stressful already at the time and if I had more time personally to pursue, I would have gone to one of the local news stations to bring this situation to the public's attention and put closure on it. I eventually had a levy taken out in my personal checking account recently, and they wiped out my whole account with all their fees added to the balance!

My brother has since passed and this is the legacy I have to live with! Come to your own conclusion about this company!

Review about: Lg Electronics Tv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Illegal sales practices, Still no resolution.

Comments

I always get there card so I know who they are.. then I play det.

where they live , wife kids....

then I tell them any problems i'm bring this tv or whatever into there house for them to fix it ... kinda scares them they give you that nervous laugh...take time before you cash out !!!!