Purchased a new 55" TV through their website and selected in-store pickup because it was less expensive to pick it up myself. At this point, I had no problems.
A couple weeks after my purchase, the TV began to develop blotchy light areas around the edge of the screen. Per the HH Gregg policy, I decided to just return the unit for a refund. This is where things started going south.
Per the HH Gregg website, customers who purchased online, can bring items back within 30 days, to any store for exchange or refund. I wanted to verify this so I tried calling the web support number only to be told that wait time was in excess of 10 minutes, which I was unable to do at that time. I also attempted to send an email inquiry and have yet to get a reply back. I decided that I would just take the chance and take the TV back to the store anyways.
When I arrived, I happened to connect with Floyd, the store manager, along with another associate. When the associate looked at my invoice and saw that I had ordered it from the website, she informed me that I would need to contact the Web Support department and arrange to the TV picked up. She and Floyd stated emphatically that they could not take back TV's at the store. I pointed out their policy, on their website, in their store but was told repeatedly that there was nothing they could do and I would have to make arrangements through Web Support. After 20 minutes of trying I decided I could not do anything more with these individuals and left. Floyd & his associate made absolutely no attempt to try to help me get the matter resolved. When I tried to call Web Support, at 6:25 central time, they were already closed for the day.
The next morning, I called and was informed that again, they had so many calls, wait time could be longer than 10 minutes. But I wanted to get service so I held on. 32 minutes later, my call was finally answered by Barry.
I told Barry that I wished to return a defective TV that I had purchased via their website. Barry asked if there was a store located anywhere near me. I told him yes, but it was about an hour and 15 minutes away. Barry then said that my best solution was to simply take the TV back to the store where I had gotten it from originally. I explained to Barry what had happened the day before when I tried to do that very thing and was told repeatedly that I had to call Web Support. Barry told me that FexEx was not able to pick up 55" TV's and I would need to take it back to the store. After some go-around, Barry offered to get the store manager on the line to verify that I could indeed take the TV back.
After much more time spent on hold, Floyd the manager, finally came back on the line & said I could bring the TV back and it was all just a big misunderstanding. He offered to take a few dollars off another set as compensation for my troubles. I was hesitant, but I figured I would at least take a look to see if there was something else that met my requirements.
Upon arriving the 2nd time, I was told that Floyd was "out at the bank or something” and should be back in a few minutes. As I wanted to speak with him personally, I went to see if there was another TV that would work for me. After a good 30 minutes of waiting, Floyd had apparently not return yet so I decided to just get my money back and leave. As I was walking to the service desk, the young lady I had encountered the night before recognized me and saw the TV sitting nearby. I could see her face instantly get an angry look and she started to try to tell me again that I couldn’t return the TV at the store. Before she could too far, another associate cut her off and explained that the return had been authorized. She then told me that she would have to submit a “check request” and that I should have it in 5 to 7 business days even though I had paid electronically with a debit card. It was quite obvious that she was unhappy about something as she was filling out the form. Her attitude towards me was far from warm & friendly.
Based on this experience, I will never shop at this company again and will actively tell friends and family to avoid them as well. No one at the store ever attempted to apologize for what happened not to mention I never received any ‘compensation’ for all my troubles. The in-house communication regarding operating policy at HH Gregg appears to leave much to be desired. They also seem to have significant issues with training employees on good customer service.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Ease of Use|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Refund hassel
- Customer services
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Proscan Plded5515A
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Purchased a W/D($1480) set from HH Gregg in the last 30 days. When they delivered to my home this time items went missing, things got broken, all the trash was..."
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "Ordered in April. Charged but never received. It's September now. Phone number is not working. My order number is invalid. Scam scam scam! I want my money back! Will be..."
- "I ordered a custom colored wig. It came and was bright yellow! I asked to return and sent pictures. They told me to put hairspray on it and..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."