Greensboro, North Carolina
7.3K views 62 comments

The most unethical retail operation I have ever seen.

Related: Hhgregg - 3 reasons why you DO NOT want to work for hh gregg

1) They change the list price on all the items according to what b.s. promotion they are running. Example a samsung washer was on sale for 699.00

at a 20% off sale, the next promotion was 10% off but the sale price was the same.List price was changed.

2) Extended warranties.. The warranty price is suppose to be determined by the selling price of the item.hh gregg charges the price against the list price, even though the warranty will only replace the item based in the price paid. Example 2000.00 refridgerator warrant is 249.00 I sell the fridge for 1500.00 the warranty should be 169.00 but not at hh gregg they charge the 249.00.

3)Here it is a few days befor black friday and hh gregg has decided to raise the threshold to get a rebate on the 70.00 delivery charge from $497.00 to different prices for different appliances. The new minimum is 600.00 on ranges and dishwashers and 1000.00 for refridgerators. They did this now knowing they will be able to slip it by when customers are in a more frantic state.

I can add so many more things about service, pricing, financing and the unethical treatment of employees but I hope you get the message.

Be careful when shopping at hh gregg

Review about: Company Operations.

Review #208330 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Hhgregg Delivery Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Hhgregg?

Comments

I WORKED FOR HH GREGG DISTRIBUTION IN BRANDYWINE MD WOW WERE DO I START THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST RACIST PREJUDICE COMPANY IVE EVER WORKED FOR I WORKED IN THE RTV DEPT.THE PRODUCT SERVICE MANAGER BOB WEATHERLY WAS BY FAR THE BEST MANAGER IVE EVER HAD BUT THE WAREHOUSE MANAGER GARY POTTS HAVE FIRED SO MANY BLACK AND SPANISH PEOPLE FOR NOTHING I AM SEEKING GUIDANCE FROM THE DEPT OF LABOR FOR DISCRIMINATION I EVEN MET PEOPLE THAT WAS COPORATE THAT VISITED FROM INDIANAPOLIS THEY WERE NASTY AND TALKED TO YOU LIKE YOU WERE NOTHING ONLY THING THAT WAS GOOD ABOUT THAT JOB WAS MY SCHEDULE M-F 7-3:30 AND THE GUYS I MET NOW I WORK FOR COSTCO ITS GREAT TO GOD BE THE GLORY THANKS FOR GETTING ME OUT OF THAT PLAC

The cost of the Performance Pl

This stuff is so true.I worked there and even was promoted to a manager at one point.

It was a small step up from the bend over draw system but I worked 6 days a week, 12 hour+ days so what I got they took right back. I just got to wear a suite and print tags and blow up balloons. Hooray.

The good news is - IT IS ALL JUST A MATTER OF TIME - CC BK, Then BB will go, then probably Sears, and I say by 2018-2020 Greggs will be a shadow of what you see today if they are around.

The best hope will be to actually do away with all commission and go straight Walmart pay and bring in the kids to work there. At least then no one gets shafted on working for "free".

Electronics won't compete with online and next day delivery services and getting to read 400 reviews vs. a salesmans pitch before buying an item is... wait for it....legendary.

Amazon, tossing out knives in retailers backs but they are winning.

Mattress sales? Who cares? 1 a day of those just keeps the lights and air running.

White goods... Lowes and Home Depot will reign supreme.

The owners families, kids, blood line are plauged with troubles.Greggs will be a K-Mart in a few years.

Dr
to The cost of the Performance Pl Noblesville, Indiana, United States #1313349

It's 2017 and Boom the bottom dropped just as you predicted. Lol

going to best buy

Went to hhgregg in pine hills.fl.this morning.

Intending to purchase 32 "tv if the stand is what I could use. This model not on display so I carefully opened box to check stand . After I stated it was wrong stand , employee said what was wrong was me opening the box ! Well I was going to buy it anyway until that comment.

So great job mr.Manager you lost out on a $200 sale because of your "sales" person

Joe

I hate that store, they are on u like vultures!Never let you walk around and look, if u do another red shirt is driving you nuts to make a sale, been in there 3 times and hassled by 7 red shirts every time, what the *** !

If I need help I'll ask for it, last time in two red shirts were fighting over me for a sale, I walked out and told them I'll never return.That store in highland indiana sucks!

Your Friend
to Joe Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #891526

Sound like you don't like to be helped.I think the two people you call red shirts, should not have been ( as you say) fighting over you, but you have the right to go into a store and look with out being hassled, now keep in mind the sale's persons job is to give the customers service.

I think if you tell them you don't need service they would leave you alone. My question to you is if you was in a store looking for something but couldn't find it , how would you like it if no one would help you?

By the way the word hate is a strong word to use for something so trivia, (but then again you use the word S**ks) it can cause you to have a unfulfilled life.

cheap company

HHGregg is a cheap company.They don't care about there employees and the hourly pay I made that over 10 years ago.

No time in half for working a paid holiday. There psp plan is very over priced and the company they use has a rating of 1. The rebates the company gives on has rating of 0. The rebate is on (merchandize) customer buys.

The problems with rebate center is ..good luck if they answer the phone , good luck if you get your rebate with in 6 months and that only if they haven't lost your paper work.

Jeff Bird

I am a Current Employee returning after many years.HHGregg is one of the best companies you could ever wish to work for.

The whole company effort is based around taking care of the customer first. We do that by providing the customer with an environment in which they can receive as much or as little information about their choices and selections that they choose. We will even help you shop your choices against local competition to insure that you are receiving the best price in town and then back your purchases up with our 90 Day Price Promise.

Selling most major brand Appliances and a selection of Tv's like you will see no where else. Along with a long list of other items....

coming into HHGregg can turn into a real browsing experience... If you haven't been into see us yet... Come on down to Rockford Illinois store and ask for Jeff Bird...

I will be happy to work hard for you in order to make sure that your selection fits your needs and that your experience with HHGregg will be A+.Hope to see you soon!!!

unhappy
to Jeff Bird #923496

The employee of HH Gregg are customer focused their problem is middle management. They are the ones that need customer service training. They are not friendly have an attitude and it will eventually spread to the sales people.

mr. t
to unhappy #932165

I'm guessing you are judging all managers because of one bad experience. A company is a company, and Hhgregg is great at customer service. If you want no customer service go to walmart or bestbuy where they'll ignore you for your whole time there until you are ready to check out.